- CADD Editing of Survey
- Hydrologic & Hydraulic Analysis
- Coordination with Utilities
- Borrow Acquisition
- Right of Way Plat Preparation
- Right of Way Negotiation and Acquisition
- Final Design & Plan/Bid Documents
Services Provided by Sub-Consultants:
- Supplemental Topographic Survey - HDR, Inc.
- Deep Water Survey for Box Culvert - Adventure Divers
Apex was chosen to provide final design and plan preparation for
a major rehabilitation of 15.1 miles to US 83 from the state line
north to Strasburg in Emmons County, ND. The plans included a grade
raise at Rice Lake due to the rising waters that are threatening
the embankment and overall safety for area motorists.
In addition to providing the roadway design and plans, a
significant piece to this major rehabilitation included the
hydraulic analysis to determine the grade raise needed for US 83 at
Rice Lake. Part of that hydraulic analysis included a deep water
survey to determine the depth and location for a new box culvert
crossing, which provided the basis for the new structure selection
by identifying three alternatives and associated cost opinions.
Key roadway design elements included:
- Safety Improvements
- Turn Lane Additions
- Erosion Control
- Culvert Design
- Work Zone Traffic Control
- Permanent Signing and Pavement Marking
The project is scheduled for construction in 2012.
Estimated construction cost: $9.3 million