CADD Technician - Water
Engineering Services Group: Water
Employment Type: Full Time – Hourly
Apex Engineering Group has an opening
for a CADD Technician. Primary responsibilities include
providing detailed CADD (Computer Aided Design Drafting) drawings
during design and plan preparation for various projects. CADD
technicians typically work in a team environment under the direct
supervision of a Project Manager, Engineer, or Lead Technician.
Additional duties include assistance with preparing graphics or
drawings for proposals and project interviews, printing, filing and
- High School diploma or equivalent is
- A 2-Year Technical Degree in Drafting
is highly desirable (applicable experience may be
- A minimum of 2 years of recent
AutoCAD experience is preferred, but not
- Working knowledge and willing to
become proficient in AutoCAD software is
- Working knowledge of Revit is a plus,
but not required.
- Experience with other software
packages such as Autodesk Civil 3D, Google-SketchUP Pro or ARCMap
GIS considered a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft
Windows/Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Must be willing to interact with
people and work in team environments.
- Must be detail orientated,
self-motivated with strong interpersonal and organizational
- A valid driver's license is required
or the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer
under normal ergonomic office conditions.
Typical Tasks and Duties:
- Prepare detailed dimensional drawings
and design layouts from rough sketches, redline corrections,
topographic surveys, etc. utilizing CADD Software such as AutoCAD
and Civil 3D.
- Follow directions and execute
multiple tasks assigned by Project Managers, Project Engineers, and
Lead Technicians in the development of project plans and
- Continue to learn and proficiently
utilize Computer Aided Design and Drafting software to prepare plan
- Understand and follow company CADD
standards/procedures and client CADD standards when
- Attend company meetings, project
meetings and client meetings on a regular basis.
- Understand and follow company
employee handbook and mandated safety policies.
- Perform responsibilities in a
conscientious, legal and ethical manner with a strong attention to
- Must be able to work independently
and in a team environment.
- Participate in training opportunities
that will develop technical and interpersonal soft
- May work overtime to meet project